Choosing A Hospital
Determining which hospital is best for you and your family may require some planning and thought
- about your and your family's expectations for healthcare
- about your healthcare plan coverage and options
- about the different kinds of services you will want and use to maintain health and serve present medical needs and
- about any foreseeable or predictable future medical needs such as maternity care
In defining your needs and expectations concerning hospital care
- Take your concern for the choice of a hospital seriously and don't apologize to yourself - or others - for your insistence in doing so. The worksheets in this guide are designed to help you focus on the qualities and services about which you care the most when it comes to a hospital choice.
- Review the lists of important services and quality care needs with your family. Include their priorities where you can.
- If possible, visit and make your choice when you are healthy. If you know you are going to need a hospital in the near future, try to visit the one you have selected prior to being admitted.