Communications and Social Media Specialist
VHI is accepting applications for a Communications and Social Media Specialist through January 31, 2022, with interviews to be scheduled in February. If a candidate wants to prioritize their application, they can submit a follow-up email with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Expedite Application" in the subject line. This is an on-site position and only local applications will be reviewed.
To implement VHI's communications plan, solidify media relations, develop advertising materials and expand social media presence to successfully promote VHI's products and services to customers and prospects.
- Desired background in Marketing, Communications and/or Public Relations with 1-3 years’ experience in a related field; *healthcare background a plus
- Must possess good writing skills and the ability to tailor message to various audiences
- Must possess excellent verbal and presentation skills and the desire to cultivate new and existing relationships
- Is persuasive in communications and passionate about PR
- Able to grasp new concepts/processes quickly and retains/applies them appropriately
- Is proficient at graphic design, Microsoft Office products, engaging with and extracting information from social media websites and performing research to support VHI’s communications plan
- Works with initiative in a telecommute environment
- Works well in an in-person team environment with VHI staff and external stakeholders as well as a desire to work in a small office environment
Job Responsibilities and Duties
Initiate, write and disseminate monthly or more frequent press releases, quarterly newsletters, etc. over selected newswire service and/or online.
- Implement and expand a winning social media strategy including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and blog posts to engage consumers and businesses with VHI Board Members, staff, publications and products.
- Develop content and create corporate videos and marketing collateral for publication on social and print media.
- Cultivate and maintain a strong and productive relationship with both print and electronic media. Ensure the organization is understood by the media and the media are interested in presenting information to the public in a manner that informs and educates them on VHI health topics and the organization as a trusted source.
- Present to, educate and engage the Board of Directors on marketing, communications strategies and activities.
- Guide the development, revision and update of new and existing VHI business and consumer publications including VHI’s Annual Report, consumer guides, flyers, infographics, miscellaneous reports, etc.
- Analyze use of www.vhi.org and social media to track activity and provide monthly statistics. Work with VHI web designer to improve search engine results.
- Respond to website-generated and other consumer inquiries w/in 2 business days.
- Manage the use of external resources as they pertain to the marketing and communications function (e.g. advertising agency, printers, etc.)
- Plan and execute engaging monthly team building activities and events for VHI staff.
- Performs other duties related to the PR and communications as requested.
$50,000 - $55,000 based on experience.
Click here to email your resume
14 paid holidays per year
3 paid personal days per year
12 vacation days per year (years 1-3)
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Presidents' Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veteran's Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year's Eve
- 12 sick days per year
Full Medical and Dental coverage (Anthem BCBS PPO)
Group Life Insurance $75,000 (Boston Mutual)
Long term and short term disability (Unum)
Retirement plan (6% of annual salary into a 401k with an additional company match of up to 4% of employee contribution)